You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 23rd 2014, 7:57am

Dear visitor, welcome to Avira Support Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Hugh Loxdale" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jul 1st 2011

Operating System:
Microsoft Vista

Friday, July 1st 2011, 3:09pm

Avscan.exe Application error

Hi!

I have just updated my Avira antiviral package, but as soon as I try to scan the hard disc (not done since summer 2010 I must confess) it gives an error message:

"Avscan.exe error. The exception unknown software exception (0Xc0000409) occurred in the application at location OX7386276e"

It starts the scan, but always fails after about 94-96%.

Can anyone please advise on what this is and how I fix it? Could it be a horrible and cryptic virus lurking somewhere in the system?

Many thanks,

Hugh

Hugh Loxdale ;(

marfabilis

Date of registration:
May 14th 2010

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Suite
Avira Internet Security Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
System of a Down

Friday, July 1st 2011, 3:13pm

Hi Hugh Loxdale,

This issue has been previously reported and it's under investigation.
Avira is working hard to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Marco
| :: RU | EN | PT-BR | ZH-CN | ZH-TW ::

marfabilis

Date of registration:
May 14th 2010

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Suite
Avira Internet Security Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
System of a Down

Monday, July 4th 2011, 6:31pm

Hi Hugh Loxdale,

There is a hotfix available to this issue.
The official announcement about this hotfix will be released tomorrow in English language (this announcement has been posted in the German forum).

Follow the procedures below:
  1. Go to Start AntiVir (Avira AntiVir Configuration) > tick "Expert Mode" > General > Security > Uncheck "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation" > Click on Apply > OK. Then, download this file avreg_10_3_0_8.zip to your desktop and unpack it. After this process, you'll get the avreg.dll file (v. 10.03.00.08);
  2. Now, go to your Avira installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop or C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop) and replace the old avreg.dll file for that new avreg.dll downloaded;
  3. Back to Avira AntiVir Configuration and this time, check "Protect files and registry entries from manipulation" > click on Apply > OK;
  4. Restart your computer and try to perform a complete system scan with your Avira AntiVir. This error message should not appear anymore.
----------------------
Tell us the results.

Marco
| :: RU | EN | PT-BR | ZH-CN | ZH-TW ::