You are not logged in.

Friday, July 25th 2014, 5:21pm

The Avira Forum will be moved to the new platform Avira Answers soon. We'll make the transition of existing user profiles and threads as smooth as possible.
New visitors are able to log in on Avira Answers with the existing Avira account directly or sign up with a new account.

• "Striker77" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jun 7th 2011

Operating System:
Windows Vista Business SP2

Friday, June 10th 2011, 10:40am

BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER again and again and again

I'm sorry but I'm sick and tired of having BSOD 1-to-2 times EVERY DAY due to BAD_POOL_HEADER on avipbb.sys. As a result I'm not working for the whole week but just struggling with the system crashes. I've read carefully all of the messages at this forum in particular posts by nigelt74 "Vista 32bit BSOD, Bad Pool Headers avipbb.sys", by FiFtHeLeMeNt, by darkddly, by Asrial and a lot of else. All of mine Windows security tools (aka Defender etc) are turned off forever and I've already used all of the suggestions to prevent crashes (aka Shadow Copying). But after all of that my Avira Premium still crashes again and again. And again!

I've got 7 (!!!) crashes for the current week! So that's not enough for me to have responses like "Avira knows it and it will be fixed soon" or "Avira tries to solve the problem as soon as possible". And I'm completely agree with FiFtHeLeMeNt
"It is a critical issue , if avira can not fix it , then they have to refund our money so we can switch to another antivirus. I have a 3 years license :(" http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=131716
I have a 3 years license either. Moreover if the situation hasn't change I will recommend our CIO DO NOT use Avira Business products for our firm in the future (500+ users).

before 30/04 - any crashes for 2 years
30/04 - 1 crash
09/05 - 1
06/06 - 2
07/06 - 1
08/06 - 2
09/06 - 1
10/06 - 1 already

According to my BlueScreenView

ERROR TEXT = BAD_POOL_HEADER

ERROR CODE = 0x00000019

DRIVER = avipbb.sys

ADDRESS = avipbb.sys + 703d

Version = 10.00.32.03

System = Vista Business SP1 32-bit, Avira Premium

Farger

Date of registration:
Jul 10th 2009

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows XP/ Windows 7

Friday, June 10th 2011, 11:34am

Hi Striker77,

If you read that threads carefully, then you had to notice this:

This issue needs to be better analyzed.

First, make sure you have Google Updater installed, since it's almost installed without the users knowledge.
Then, once you have it installed, please uninstall it following one of these procedures. This may resolve the BSOD issue under Windows Vista/7, as shown in this case (at least it is working fine since the last report). Whether you don't have Google Updater installed or even uninstalling it, didn't solve your problem, please contact the Avira Support Team directly by phone. If your country is not listed there, tell me know.

Because the number of procedures and data that can be requested, this support is not possible via forum.

Marco
Scotty is currently on patrol

• "Striker77" started this thread

Date of registration:
Jun 7th 2011

Operating System:
Windows Vista Business SP2

Friday, June 10th 2011, 1:11pm

I don't have Google Updater installed.

If you mean this "...\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c - this process is NOT RUNNING on my machine. I'm using the Revo Uninstaller Autorun Manager to manage this.

So I've got the phone number for my region (Russia). I was responded to send my request to a provided tech support email. So I did. Waiting...

Hi Striker77,

If you read that threads carefully, then you had to notice this:

This issue needs to be better analyzed.

First, make sure you have Google Updater installed, since it's almost installed without the users knowledge.
Then, once you have it installed, please uninstall it following one of these procedures. This may resolve the BSOD issue under Windows Vista/7, as shown in this case (at least it is working fine since the last report). Whether you don't have Google Updater installed or even uninstalling it, didn't solve your problem, please contact the Avira Support Team directly by phone. If your country is not listed there, tell me know.

Because the number of procedures and data that can be requested, this support is not possible via forum.

Marco

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 1:08pm

Solution for Bluescreen "Bad Pool Error" on Avira 2013 Products ...

Hello,

please go to Configurationsite of "Avira Internet Security 2013" (Key F8).
Go to Submenu "Productupdates" in PC-Security / Updates.
Click on "Never download Productupdates".

Just in time the Bluescreen comes never more.

The Virusdefinitionfiles will be loaded in the same Intervals you defined by yourself.

A short howto for uninstall of "Avira Internet Security 2013" can you find here:
Manual Uninstall of "Avira Internet Security 2013"

Other Problems with "Avira Internet Security 2013" are unknown.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich nutze die finale Windows 8 Professional 64bit-Version seit dem 23. August 2012 in einem Produktivsystem.
I use the final Version of Windows 8 Professional 64bit since 08 / 23 / 2012 in a Production Environment.

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:
Windows 8.1 Professional X64

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 1:49pm

s
Hello,

The Virusdefinitionfiles will be loaded in the same Intervals you defined by yourself.

A short howto for uninstall of "Avira Internet Security 2013" can you find here:

Sorry about that
according his information
his problem is related to version 10 not version 2013
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 1:49pm

none
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 3:32pm

s
Hello,

Sorry about that

Probably this could be also solving his problem, because of the blue screen
error is the same.
The version is probably no matter what!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ich nutze die finale Windows 8 Professional 64bit-Version seit dem 23. August 2012 in einem Produktivsystem.
I use the final Version of Windows 8 Professional 64bit since 08 / 23 / 2012 in a Production Environment.

Date of registration:
Aug 4th 2007

Version:
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Antivirus Premium
Avira Internet Security

Operating System:

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 4:17pm

s
Hello,

Sorry about that

Probably this could be also solving his problem, because of the blue screen
error is the same.
The version is probably no matter what!

No No
not all situation have same problem
the driver will update not use the same version number
But I suggest is he remove the avira completely then install the avira 2013 or 2012
also perform an chkdsk /f check the disk for any error
Moreover I would suggest he perform an update from Vista sp1 to sp2
Follow Avira @ App.net
App.net/avira

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "aaa839" (Nov 3rd 2012, 4:22pm)